MES (Metropolitan Essential Services), is one of the leading Essential Safety Measures Compliance companies in Victoria. With our exceptional growth, we are seeking the services of a competent inspector/electrician/auditor.
Our company is located in the Eastern suburbs, servicing many clients in and around the Melbourne metropolitan region, and also throughout regional Victoria.
You will be responsible for visiting commercial, industrial and residential sites to identify and inspect building fire and safety services, along with the servicing of Fire Equipment and facilities and prepare accurate detailed reports to reflect your audits/inspections. Using our software system, you're timely and accurate input is crucial to the companies operations. You must have strong communications skills and be confident is dealing directly with our clients.
After training you will be given the opportunity to work with our state Managing Director to achieve growth, which will be of benefit to the company and to yourself.
A trade background in (fire, mechanical or electrical with A or S Grade Lic), audits skills or building knowledge is preferred.
Basic day to day tasks.
- Visit a range of commercial, industrial and retail properties
- Use your personality to build relationships with clients
- Evaluate the building fire requirements and integrity.(Training Provided)
- Service Fire Equipment (Training Provided)
- Test Exit & Emergency Lighting (Training Provided)
- Perform general maintenance duties
We expect you to have the following attributes;
- A professional, positive hands-on approach
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- A high level of initiative
- Effective observation skills
- Very good PC knowledge
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Self-managed and great organizational skills
- Current Victorian Drivers licence
- Cert II or III in Asset Maintenance (Fire Protection Equipment)
- An understanding of Relevant Building Regulations -Advantage
- A background in the CFA or the like, in this role is advantageous.
The position will involve statewide travel and may involve some interstate travel.
A competitive salary package will be offered, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include: vehicle/allowance, phone, uniform and specialized tools as required.