An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Electrician (Domestic & Commercial Specialist with some Solar experience) to join our established Electrical Contracting Business based in Melbourne. You will be someone with the ability to run a range of domestic to commercial jobs, and whether high end or fast turnaround, you’ll be able to keep your focus on good service & quality workmanship.
About the Role
This is an ideal position for an ambitious tradesman with high attention to detail and a hands-on approach. Training and development opportunities are also on offer when appropriate; we have a vested interest in ensuring you continue to grow as we grow.
Day to day responsibilities:
- General Residential/Commercial Electrical
- Residential/Commercial Rough-in and Fit-offs
- AC Installation & Maintenance
- Working on upgrades for pre-existing solar PV systems
- Maintaining working Solar Systems to ensure they are working successfully as required
- Mentoring/Training an Apprentice
- Minimum 12 months experience post apprenticeship as an Electrician
- Demonstrated experience working on Domestic or Commercial projects
- Solid understanding of Solar Components (Highly regarded)
- Ability to work in a small team and plan out tasks with minimal supervision
- Own transport is essential
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously
- Can take direction and work well within small teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of best safe work practices
Licenses and Qualifications:
- Victorian A Grade Electrical Licence
- Current C-Class drivers licence and vehicle
- Construction Industry Training Card (White Card)
- Working at Heights
- CEC Accreditation (Highly regarded)
- Experienced recording detailed notes in on job management platform Aroflo OR similar application would be highly regarded.
Benefits (there’s a lot to like):
- Competitive Salary – negotiable for the right applicant (range $35 - $45 per hour).
- Vehicle & Phone Provided
- RDO & Team Social Calendar
- Opportunities for Dual trade for the right applicant.