Title of Position: Mechanical Fitter – Power Transformer / HV Electrical Industry
Reports to: General Manager / Team Leader
Who we are
TEX Onsite is the only company built specifically around the clients need for on-site technical services. Our steady growth is due to unrivalled innovation and our commitment to customer satisfaction. We are a proud Australian, privately owned company with great success.
Early 2018, TEX Onsite established a transformer and Power System Service division based out of the corporate offices in Melbourne, Australia to provide greater customer satisfaction in this field. We believe the expansion in our specialised field is due to clever recruiting of good people and we need good people like you!
The position is a niche position of being a Mechanical Fitter in the High Voltage Industry. The role is diverse and will take you to many areas of the industry while further developing your skill set. Your tasks will also be dependant on requirements in our projects and include areas such as:
- Assisting our Transformer Specialists in all aspects of maintenance and overhauling of Power Transformers
- Being proficient in using our state-of-the-art oil plant for transformers
- Being Proficient in using our Fullers Earth Towers for regeneration of transformer oil.
- Replacing or refurbishing items on transformers such as Bushings, Valves, Protection equipment, re-painting.
- Arranging cranes / EWP’s / Iso Tankers / and any other large plant required on site.
- Play a part in administrating site documentation such as SWMS, ITP’s, ITC’s, and hazard identification records for our customers.
- Working on site for long periods away from home from time to time.
- Working in a team environment or alone on smaller one day jobs.
- Working on Transformers / Pumps / Wind Turbines / Generators / Compressors.
Your position requires you to possess a good relationship with the people within our team, as well as being flexible to challenge yourself on new tasks as they arise. Close coordination with other team members is imperative, as is the coordination of jobs to ensure the services are delivered in a timely and efficient manner to meet our customers’ expectations.
A competitive Salary Package will be dependent on your experience.
Duties of the Position
- Liaising with other team members to ensure the correct tools, plant and equipment are prepared for your task or project when attending site.
- Carry out the task or project scope as presented formally by the team.
- Use your expertise and experience to ensure the highest quality outcome is achieved on all tasks.
- Report on any Health and Safety issues to the team.
- Liaise with the team members to ensure project outcomes are clearly understood and will meet the client requirements
- Ensure services delivered are in line with company procedures and policies.
- Enter Timesheets and any reportable activities into the company database on a daily basis.
- Carry out other duties as required to meet TEX Onsite's objectives
- Take pride in your work and environment around you.
- Provide a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Can work independently and/or in a team environment
- Enthusiastic and passionate toward achieving goals.
- Produce quality reports and task end documentation in a timely manner.
- Honesty and integrity
- Individual accountability to ensure Health, Safety and Quality is identified, managed and recorded
- Accountable to the Manager for all work processes and operational requirements.
- Accountable for the successful outcome of major/minor works.
- A strong commitment to TEX Onsite's H&S and Quality programs.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent team communication skills.
- Experienced Mechanical Fitter
- Experience in the High Voltage or Transformer Industry would be a preference.
- Dedicated to completing tasks set making you efficient with your time.
- A Clean Australian Drivers Licence as you will driving our company vehicle
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office for emailing, report writing and entering data.
- Clear, precise writing and speaking of English is required for this role
- Added Qualifications would be favourable – but not essential – such as
- EWP or working at heights
- Working in Confined space
- First Aid
- White construction industry card
- VESI – Qualifications
- RIW – Authorization.
- Fork Lift / Truck License
We offer a very competitive salary, paid accommodation while travelling, staying away allowance, work clothing, phone, work vehicle, and other staff benefits.
If you are energetic, hard-working, like to travel, and have an eye for detail then you are the person we are looking for.
For information on what we do please visit www.texonsite.com.au and click on Power System Services under the Services Tab.