Plumber - Full Time (37.5 Hours per week and on call requirements).
Salary Range $65,000 - $75,000
Operations Manager or their designate.
- Demonstrated experience of maintenance, repair and servicing of sewerage, septic and plumbing infrastructure;
- Proven ability to effectively plan and implement R&M Programs;
- Ability to provide training and supervision for apprentices and trainees;
- Minimum 5 years trade experience as a qualified plumber;
- Experience in working with other work groups and other agencies to design implement and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to undertake other duties as required within the competencies expected of the position.
- Maintain all MC sewerage, septic; plumbing and beach camping assets;
- Implementing approved sewerage, septic; plumbing and beach camping R&M Program;
- Knowledge and experience in servicing Rural and Urban sewerage systems and dump points; codes and practices;
- Operation of small plant – bobcats, diggers etc.;
- Knowledge of operations of Vaccum Trucks;
- Attending to daily problems and issues with MC sewerage, septic; plumbing and beach camping assets;
- Basic maintenance of all MC assets equipment and machinery;
- Ensure the security of patrons and Company property;
- Report all sewerage, septic systems plumbing and beach camping issues as they arise to the Operations Manager;
- Possess a sound working knowledge of the Workplace Health and Safety Act, and all other legislation, regulations and policies that effect this position, and report and effectively address any Workplace Health and Safety hazards/issues and Environmental Protection requirements in the Smart OH&S system;
- Other tasks as determined by the Operations Manager.
Skills and Specifications
- Possess a pleasant and amicable personality and demonstrate the ability to deliver a high level of MC plumbing and waste management systems service in an efficient, effective and timely manner;
- Build strong team relationships to achieve a positive efficient working environment;
- Must provide effective leadership supervision and direction;
- Must efficiently manage competing tasks and priorities;
- Must be pro-active in approach;
- Undertake training as is deemed required by the Company.
Statutory Requirements and Corporate Requirements:
- Must satisfy all relevant statutory obligations;
- Must satisfy public sector ethical standards, and Minjerribah Camping codes of conduct and values;
- Must contribute to and support achievement of the Policy & Procedures of Minjerribah Camping;
- Must align with authorised Company policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- Must support and contribute to customer service that satisfies the Company’s Customer Service Policy; and
- Must protect the safety of self and other field workers through safe work practices as detailed in the Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities Procedure and associated statements;
- The successful applicant will have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and respect of Aboriginal culture and lifestyles.